How to add Items to the Start Button using Registry?
The best technique to edit the windows registry keys, always export or backup the whole windows registry keys on backup drive before editing. Because any mistake in Registry can cause serious problem in your computer to run properly.
Follow the given steps to change the Start button setting.
First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
In Registry Editor go to left hand panel, and find HKey_Classes_Root / Directory / Shell
Here Right click on Shell folder option and add any new key with descriptive name and Press Enter.
Now Right click on that key and give the full path of that program you are interested to add in start button. For example if you want to add MS excel, then full path may be C:\program file\msoffice\msexcel.EXE.
Now close all open programs and check the changes in your computer Start button.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Changing Common Icons
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Networking Restrictions
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Desktop
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Removing Items from NEW
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page | Feedback| Contact Us | About Us