Clearing the Documents History Automatically
The windows Documents Menu display all the information about last used files and programs as a history. Your co-workers, family members can trace your activities on the computer with clicking on Documents menu. If you are using internet at any public place like internet cafe then you should clear your documents menu history to safe yourself from cyber crimes. You can clear the documents menu history manually, but automatically history clean option can be useful if one computer used by multiple people. To clear the document history automatically, edit the computer registry keys.
Click Start button then type regedit in Run option then press Enter for next.
Here locate the location to:
Go to HKey_Current_User \ Software \ Microsoft
\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
Here in right side panel, double click on Recent and change its value of C:\RECYCLED.
Now set your Recycle bin, "remove files immediately when deleted".
Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Changing Common Icons
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Networking Restrictions
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Desktop
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Removing Items from NEW
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page | Feedback| Contact Us | About Us