Disabling the ability to click on My Computer
You can restrict any user to access your system drives if you disable the click feature on My Computer. User will get no any changes when he will try to open My Computer.
By editing the windows registry keys, you can disable the click feature on My Computer. But always export or backup the whole windows registry keys on backup drive before editing. Because any mistake in Registry can cause serious problem in your computer to run properly.
Follow the given steps to disable My Computer setting.
First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
In registry editor panel search the value
May be you will find this value on path HKey_Classes_Root \ CLSID section.
Here delete the entire section of this value.
Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Changing Common Icons
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Networking Restrictions
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Desktop
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Removing Items from NEW
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page | Feedback| Contact Us | About Us