Hide the Desktop Icons
You can hide the Desktop Icons in Windows 2000 and Windows XP using windows registry editor. This tip is very useful, if you want to safe your personal data and icons of the windows desktop on a single computer.
Follow the given steps to to hide Desktop Icons:
Click Start button then type regedit in Run option then press Enter for next.
Here locate the location to:
Here in right side panel, right click to create a new DWORD value with name NoDesktop and type REG_DWORD then change its value data 1.
Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Set the status of NUM LOCK key enabled automatically.
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Reduce the shutdown time of Windows 2000 and XP
- Hide the Desktop Icons
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Common reasons of Windows failure
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page | Feedback| Contact Us | About Us