Power off completely after shut down your Computer.
Normally when you are trying to shut down your windows XP and some time you may receive the message “it's now safe to power off the machine”. Here you should change your system Advanced Power Management setting or edit your system registry to solve this problem and power off completely.
Follow the given steps to solve this problem with Advanced Power Management.
First click on Start button then go to Control Panel.
Open the Performance and Maintenance option in control panel then click on Power Options.
Here Click on APM tab then select the option Enable Advanced Power Management Support box and press Ok.
Now follow the given steps to solve this problem by editing system registry.
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
- Here locate the location to:
- Here in right side panel, double click on PowerdownAfterShutdown and set its value 1 to power down.
- Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Changing Common Icons
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Networking Restrictions
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Desktop
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Removing Items from NEW
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page |Feedback| About Us