How to enable the hidden files and folders function in XP?
Today tip will help you to solve the problem with hidden files and folders in windows XP. Normally in windows XP, you can view the hidden files and folders using the path, Tool>Folder Options>View, and then check the “Show hidden files and folders" radio box. But sometime due to some spyware/trojan attacks, this radio box is unchecked automatically and you could not show the system hidden files and folders.
Follow the given steps to visible the hidden files and folders:
To edit the computer registry, first you should log onto your computer with administrative rights.
Click Start button and type regedit in Run option then press Enter for next.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Now in right side panel, double click on the DWORD value “CheckedValue", here a small dialog box will appear with the title “Edit Dword Value".
To modify the “Value data" information as DWORD Value to 1 then click on Ok button to finish the process.
Now you can easily view the hidden files and folders using the path, Tool>Folder Options>View and then check “Show hidden files and folders" radio box.
But next time, if you want to disable this functionality then simply change the value of data box to old value.
- Adding Items to the Start Button
- Automatic Screen Refresh
- Set the status of NUM LOCK key enabled automatically.
- Changing the Location of Special Folders
- Close your non-responsive programs automatically
- How to hide computer drives to secure data?
- Changing the Registered Owner
- Changing the Title on Windows Media Player
- How to enable the hidden files and folders function in XP? New
- How to disable/enable the windows hotkeys combinations?
- Clearing the Documents Menu Automatically
- How to remove the text from the Desktop icon?
- Control Panel Restrictions
- Creating a Legal Text Notice before Logon
- How to disable the right click functionality on the desktop?
- Disabling Drives in My Computer
- Disabling My Computer
- Disabling Run or Find from the Start Menu
- How to clear My Documents history automatically on log off? New
- Disabling the Blinking Cursor
- Reduce the shutdown time of Windows 2000 and XP
- Hide the Desktop Icons
- Eliminating the Right Click on the Taskbar
- Fixing no Auto Run for CDs
- Hiding All Icons from the Desktop
- Modifying Default Desktop Icons
- Prevent Changes to the Start Menu
- Common reasons of Windows failure
- Removing Open, Explore & Find from Start Button
- Removing Unwanted Items from the RUN Menu
- Restricting the Start Menu, Explorer and the Desktop
- Setting the Recycle Bin to Always Delete
- Sticky Menus
- To speed up the Start Menu
- Turning off System Beeps
- Turning off the Help on Min, Max, Close Icons
- Recycle Bin Edits
Home | Previous Page | Feedback| Contact Us | About Us